Friday, July 31, 2015

July 18 = Party Day!

Malia's birthday celebration continues!  Grandma and Pops got to Maryland late last night so we went to an early breakfast with them this morning- Liam was still asleep but Malia was ready for some good breakfast.  Here she is chomping down on some bacon. 


Everyone was asleep when we left but everyone was awake when we got back and Liam even had a new diaper and a new outfit- woo hoo!  Liam was excited to see his Grandma & Pops and Malia was still in her pajamas:


And then it was time for our ladybug party!  My dad and brother made the chicken, my mom made the baked beans, we had fruit and rice and cupcakes and punch- I must say, it was pretty good!



And then it was time for the cake.  Here, again, is my sad excuse for a cake.


And Malia destroyed it!  We are two for two with our babies doing great first birthday cake demolitions.


So Zachary and I ran her upstairs and got her a quick bath and then she was ready for presents!







Opening so many gifts is hard work!


Birthday love for Miss Malia:


And finally, after the party was over, Zachary headed to the gym and my family and I headed to the mall with the kids and we got Malia her first pair of shoes!


Later that night, I went to get a bag of milk from the freezer to thaw out and saw my cute ladybug pops that I completely forgot to put out for the party.  Oops!  At least they turned out well.



My dad and I took the kids out for our last nightly walk and we stopped by the playground so Liam could get out some energy since it wasn't too hot- he had fun showing Gramps how well he does on the slide!


No comments:

Post a Comment