Monday, July 6, 2015

June 29 = Same Words, New Spin

My favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:6 and I have it memorized as, "Don't worry about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, submit your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guide your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  I struggle with anxiety and I know that another version of this verse says, "Do not be anxious about anything..."  When my anxiety was really bad, I memorized this verse and I would repeat it to myself until I was able to calm down.  Today, as I was scrolling through facebook before starting my day, I came upon this- someone had posted a picture of my favorite verse underlined in their Bible but it's a different version and I just love this translation.

Don't worry about anything.  Instead, pray about everything.  Tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.

Also, I've been working on running- I'll walk for a little, run for a little.  Well today I ran a mile without stopping on the treadmill.  It's been years since I've been able to do that so it was very exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment