Thursday, July 2, 2015

June 27 = Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Boy oh boy today was rough.  We started the day off with me walking towards Liam's room, smelling a dirty diaper, disappointed that the first dirty diaper was coming so early in the day.  When I opened the door, I had given anything to just have to change a dirty diaper.  There was poop on the floor.  There was poop on the bed.  There was poop on Gigi.  In Liam's hair.  Under Liam's fingernails.  All down his legs.  On all of his toys.  On the wall.  It. Was. Everywhere.  So I cleaned him up as well as I could and then put him in the bathtub and used the removable shower head to spray him down.  Then gave him a bath.  All the while, Malia is not thrilled to be stuck in her room.  When I come in with a clean Liam, Malia has destroyed all of her clothes drawers.  All of her clothes are spread out on the floor.  I take a deep breath- remind myself that I need to set aside her 9 month clothes anyway, and vow to deal with it later.  I put Liam and Malia in the playroom and attend to Liam's room.  We are late to a birthday party that we had no business attending.  The birthday party was supposed to be outside but it was raining so it was moved inside.  Liam knocks on the door and it opens to probably 40 people which did not make him happy.  For the rest of the party he wanted to play in the birthday boy's room and shut the rest of the world out.  When it was time to go he threw a fit but I kept repeating to myself, "When we get home, it's naptime."  We got home and, shocking, Liam didn't want to take a nap.  I went down to the bottom floor so I couldn't hear him because after the morning we had had, it was best for both of us to have a little separation.  He eventually went to sleep and we eventually got changed and I decided we needed to get out of the house.  So we brought Zachary dinner and then we headed to my favorite place, Target.  I found this hat for Malia for her birthday party and to spare you from the pictures I took to show Zachary the kind of day we were having, this will be the only one I share today.


No comments:

Post a Comment