Friday, July 31, 2015

July 26 = New Recipe Day

We have been recording episodes of "Pioneer Woman," "Giada at Home" and "Barefoot Contessa" from the Food Network and I'll look at the description and see if what they're cooking interests me- sometimes I delete it because there's no way I'm eating anything on the menu but I'd say half intrigue me.  Well, Barefoot Contessa made an oven fried chicken recipe and we had to try it.  It was delicious.


I also tried a new recipe for the mashed potatoes- I read in a light cooking magazine (I recently discovered you can borrow magazines from the library and it has transformed my life) that you can add roasted cauliflower to mashed potatoes to cut the calories in half.  We tried it.  I hated it.

The kids loved the chicken and mac 'n' cheese- neither is a big potato fan without the cauliflower so they really didn't like my new creation.

I have no real reason for including this picture except he's cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment