Monday, July 20, 2015

June 15 = Decorate the Office Day

Well we had a pretty busy day today!  Zachary was off this morning so he watched Liam while Malia and I went to a playdate with our friends Amy and Evie and a lot of their friends!  When we got home, Zachary had to go in to work and soon after that Miss Shaina came to visit with Liam.  Soon after that we went out to do some last minute birthday party shopping and when I went to Michael's to get lollipop sticks for these adorable ladybug pops I'm going to make, I remembered Zachary had asked me to look into some frames for these neat nautical charts he bought for his office. I ran over to the frame section and found these gorgeous gray frames that I thought would be perfect.  They're pretty big and therefore pretty heavy so I took one up to the counter and told her I needed four- then I went back to get the others- originally planning to bring them up one at a time but I got brave on the way back and carried the remaining three up- balanced them on a tiny Michael's cart (why are their carts so much smaller than normal carts) and headed out the door.  They're doing construction to all the stores in this little shopping center so the sidewalks are blocked off everywhere but the entrance so there was no descending ramp I could casually push the cart down- I had to maneuver the cart off a pretty high curb while praying the four frames would stay put.  I did it!  So we headed home, made dinner and ate quickly.  Then I made a plate for Zachary and loaded back up with his charts and some tools for him and we brought everything to him at the Academy.  He was so excited he got to work almost immediately.  Here's the final result:


He put them in chronological order of when he lived there so the first one is of the Outer Banks and then Charleston, Mayport and now Annapolis!

When we got home it was time to relax and prepare for bed.  Liam said goodnight to his sister on her last night of being a baby- she'll wake up as a one year old!


 Well... not really.  She decided she was too excited to sleep so I ended up getting her out of her room a few minutes later and she stayed up until Daddy got home.



No comments:

Post a Comment