Monday, July 13, 2015

July 4 = Independence Day

We started off the birthday of our country by eating a patriotic breafkast...

 
... and then headed to the gym!  On the way there Zachary and I talked about my running goals- now that I'm pretty comfortable with the walk two minutes, run three, and have even ran a mile without stopping twice now I wanted to know what he thought my next goal should be.  He said he thought I could run a mile and a half now without stopping if I wanted to and I said no way but was thinking- well maybe I'll try.  So I started with my two minute walk and then started running and it felt really good.  I got to a mile and knew I could keep going so I did.  I got to a mile and a half and still felt good so I kept going.  I got to two miles without stopping and felt like I could have kept going but decided I better stop since I've never run that far in my life- I wanted to be able to move the next day.  So I took a picture of the treadmill after I finished because I was so very excited.


Malia was obviously worn out after her gym trip:

Matthew and Grace left in the afternoon to miss the fireworks traffic in DC but we got a quick picture beforehand:


And here's Miss Malia sporting her red, white and blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment