Friday, January 1, 2016

December 26 = On the Road Again

Rare picture alert!  The kids sat long enough for this picture to be taken- this is my favorite place in the world.


Liam was so tired yesterday that he didn't even get to Uncle Matt's present!  My grandpa used to get my brother the annual Hess truck for Christmas each year and Uncle Matt got Liam one for his first Christmas and every Christmas since.  The first Christmas, I cried like a baby and now I can just appreciate it as a wonderful tradition.



We had planned on hanging around for a little while but since the kids have been sleeping so horribly, we decided to head back to Maryland today but before we do, I'm going to hit my last North Carolina favorite- The Village Grill in Burlington.  Gramps got some tickles in before we went.


After lunch, we came home, got packed up and headed out- both kids passed out- Liam was playing with his leappad in his sleep- he was fast asleep but kept pushing buttons.  And Malia snuggled up to her new teddy bear from her great aunt Deanie.


1 comment:

  1. We so enjoyed your visit! I know it is so hard traveling with little ones. We made many trips ourselves to Maryland And Florida to see your great grandparents when you were little. It is quite an adjustment but I hope it was worth it. We love you all so much and will cherish the memories made.

    ReplyDelete