Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 21 = Rough Day

I woke up this morning with all the time in the world... decided to have a casual day... made some chocolate chip waffles... took my time... checked my email, looked at Zachary's calendar to see what he was up to, and realized- oops!  Liam has an ophthalmology appointment in thirty minutes.  So I kicked into high gear and we got there a few minutes early!

Here are Liam's footprints out to the car:


When we got there, the receptionist said I needed the referral that I had been sent five months ago.  If someone paid me a million dollars to find it, I doubt I could.  So I got to try to call someone who could maybe fax it over.  In case you were wondering, trying to make a phone call in a room where it says in three different places "please take your phone calls outside," with two toddlers who needed their coats outside but now that we are inside and the heat is blaring, want nothing to do with them and want them off NOW, and starting eyes and bad signal and getting really hot yourself and Liam running into an exam room... during an exam... is not fun.  So by the time we were taken back to the appointment we had all had our fill.  Enter in doctor who wants him to put his chin here and his forehead there and let him hold something in front of one eye and oh, let's put drops in his eyes too!  Remind me to never, ever, take Liam to an eye appointment with Malia and without Zachary.  Nightmare.  The good parts: instead of a chart of letter for him to read off, they used pictures.  I was nervous that he wouldn't have words for the pictures they'd show him and therefore this appointment would be pretty pointless- but he did!  He did awesome!  Another good part of the appointment was the doctor looked for some problems in the eye that are connected with NF and they're not there. 


When we got home, it was "watch Caillou" time.  I abandoned the preschool plans for the day because although I've tried to put into words how stressful the appointment was, I don't think I've done it justice.  Here's Miss Malia dancing to the Caillou theme song:


Then we had lunch.  And then it was nap time.  For everyone.  When I came out of my room from my nap, I saw this:
 

 Those are curtain rods.  Here's what I found inside:

 Trouble maker.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Sorry it was such a rough day! But, glad you got good news from Liam's appointment. Malia is so cute dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you never really know what you will find. So glad his eyes look ok regarding the nf. Praise God. Mimi

    ReplyDelete