Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 11 = Preschool Day One

Let me start with another Facebook meme that I think is hilarious:


And now I'll tell you about our day!  We started with our morning routine: getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing teeth and cleaning up Liam's room.  Then we did our inaugural "circle time."  It's more like triangle time if all three parties are engaged... but just go with me on this.  So we updated the day of the week, the date, and discussed the weather.  Our theme this week is "All About Red" so we read a book about colors- I've put a hold on some better books at the library but they haven't come in yet so we will have to settle for a book we already had- and then sang a song to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it," telling him to put his finger on his head if his clothes have any red- which I strategically ensured.   Then we did our matching folder:


 Malia decided to help.


And then it was time to go to the grocery store.  I usually go to the commissary on Sundays but Zachary worked all weekend and he thought he'd be able to go on his way home yesterday but didn't get off in time so I headed to this cute grocery store down the street- it's so nice and clean- and it had this cool cart:


Well they look innocent there but boy, oh boy.  They wouldn't stop fighting each other.  Liam was honking Malia's horn and Malia slapped his hand away and told him, "NO!"  So I moved Malia to the normal baby spot on grocery carts and that worked well for a while.  And then Liam discovered he could get out of the car.  So I calmly buckled him in.  Then he discovered he could still stick his arm out of the side.  And by doing this, he could knock over a whole row of hairspray.  Like fifty bottles of hairspray.  Or like thirty cans of Campbell's soup- ya know, whatever was in his reach.  So that was fun.  We checked out and I renewed my vow of never going grocery shopping with the two of them alone ever again.

Then it was lunch time!  Since both of them do so well eating at a little table at the CDC I decided to try it out at home:


They did great!  Then it was nap time and then I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up Malia's seizure medicine (her neurologist called me on his cell phone and had a conversation with me about her care instead of making me go all the way to the Bethesda) so that threw off my plans for the rest of the day but here's a picture of Malia after throwing her dinner on the floor:


1 comment:

  1. Whew! Melissa, you've been busy! Looks like some neat stuff!
    Love, Mo

    ReplyDelete