Sunday, January 3, 2016

December 31 = New Year's Eve!

Since we spent Christmas with our families, I wanted to go all out on NYE and make lots of yummy food- I didn't make anything for Christmas and I am not complaining at all.  Like.  At all.  But with my break from cooking, I was ready to spend some time in the kitchen.  First, I made my funfetti pancake that I love so much.


 Then I enjoyed some post-breakfast cuddling- love these babies!



Then we went to the gym- shocking!  Malia fell asleep on the way home and was holding on tight to her monkey.


And then the real cooking began!  I made pizza rolls:


This delicious chocolate chex mix:


Fried zucchini, actually, Zachary made this:


Some buffalo wings:


And finally a yummy drink, by just mixing equal parts ginger ale and lemonade.  Zachary added a kick to his but I'm still recovering from our Charleston trip months ago, so I stuck to a version Malia could share with me:

 

Zachary had to assume this position to keep Malia from eating his food!


We put the kids down at their normal time and we watched House of Cards until it got closer to midnight.  We weren't thrilled with the New Year's Eve coverage- too many football games on for people to dedicate time to reviewing the year- so we reviewed our own year and reflected on what we'd like to accomplish in the coming year.  It was such a sweet time spent with my hubby!  And after midnight, we resumed House of Cards!

1 comment: