Sunday, May 8, 2016

April 21 = Tick Day

So this morning started with getting the kids up pretty early for them and taking Liam to the CDC and taking Malia to Walter Reed.  She had a follow-up from her EEG scheduled.  Everything was fine on the EEG but as the first doctor was doing her exam, I noticed this mark on her arm.  At first I thought it was a scab but I looked closer and it was a tick!  We tried to get it off but it's head was burrowed in there pretty far so I asked the first doctor to get the other doctor quickly and get this thing off of her!  Dr. Dennison found some tweezers and got it off but it was a stubborn little thing.  I'm going to email Dr. Modi about it and see what he wants me to do but Dr. Dennison thanked us for adding some excitement to his day!


After Malia's appointment, I grabbed some chickfila on the way home because that's what I always do on the way home from Walter Reed.  I got Malia her own kids meal and was trying to give her some food but she was asleep.  Eventually she woke up about 10 minutes before we got to the CDC and had just enough time to finish her lunch.


I dropped her off the CDC and then headed to my own appointment.  I've been so tired lately and while anyone that I tell that to responds with "Well you do have two kids," I'm nervous something else is going on.  So I decided to go to my primary care doctor and ask to get some blood work done.  I went through the checkup and explained what was going on and she thought it was a good idea so she ordered some tests that required five vials.  I texted my parents and brother in our group text that I was waiting to get the blood work done and my dad responded "I'm holding your hand."  Melted my heart!  The first stick was no good- no blood came out- and for some reason, the stick doesn't bother me that much but knowing that no blood is flowing freaks me out.  So I got really light headed and nauseous so they had to wait a while before trying again.  But the second try was a success and I survivied!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your posts and pics today! I really needed those precious smiles! I feel your pain on the lab work - my arthritis diagnosis and meds require lots of labs. Ask them to lay you down when they do it-it may help. NAND good for you for pushing for what you need! We know our bodies and what's not quite right-and I have learned the hard way I defy all the text-book cases! Praying you get answered and relief soon!

    ReplyDelete