Tuesday, May 17, 2016

April 30 = Early Present Day

First of all- here are my people, all together:


And second, Zachary gave me my mother's day gift early today- shocking!  It's a Road ID (something runners use in case they're in an emergency, there's a phone number on the band for a good Samaritan to find) and it says "It is well so have no envy and no fear.  0513 Love 0626."

Zachary and I talk about tattoos kind of often- we'll ask questions like "if you had to get a tattoo of just words, what would it say?"  I used to say "No Envy and No Fear" from my favorite Joshua Radin song.  I think it's a great way to try to live your life.  But recently, I've changed my answer to "It is Well."  I love the hymn and the idea that no matter if things are going well or if things are really rough, it should be well with our souls because we have Jesus.  Circumstances don't matter.  They're temporary.  It's really hard to remember in the moment so I think it'd be a neat tattoo so that when Liam's throwing a tantrum in the middle of Target or Malia is saying "No Mommy," in her sassy, sassy way- I can look at it and say, "It is well."  My dad would say "or you could write it on your hand..."  So anyway, after hearing both of those answers, Zachary made my band say that.  There's no phone number because you'll never catch me running- the only place I exercise is in the comfort of my gym where they have paperwork on me.


1 comment: