Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 19 = Drive to NC Day

My parents are moving this weekend so I'm driving down to help and I'm going by myself!  This is the first time ever that I've left the kids at home with Zachary and gone somewhere by myself- it's so weird!

I saw this on facebook and thought it was really great- I don't have anything to apply it to right now but it's such a good point.


Before leaving, I tried a new game with Liam.  I had gotten some paint samples- ya know, the cards with different colors on them.  I cut them all up so we had tons of little strips of different colors and got my different colored cups and bowls and had Liam sort them- we did a similar game with little poms a while ago.  


That was too easy so then I moved the bowls and cups onto the steps so that he had to work a little harder.  Marley was supervising:



Malia wanted in on the fun too.  I should have taken a video but Liam was being so sweet showing Malia which bowl or cup to put each strip in.  He's such a good brother.


Part of packing was folding laundry because I didn't have any clothes to pack... Joey wasn't the most help.


After stopping to get gas, I was getting back on the interstate and had a horse friend in front of me.


When I got to Graham I went to the house my parents sold to get the few things left behind before locking up and moving on!  Before leaving, I sat on the front porch one last time and got this picture.


I can clearly remember sitting right here and playing the "car game" with my grandparents, parents, brother and aunts and whoever else was there.  Everyone would pick their color and we'd count how many cars of each person's color went by and whoever had the most points at a undefined time would win.  I also remember throwing a tennis ball with my grandparents' dog, Princess.  We played badminton and bocce ball... Matthew and I would throw a baseball or kick a soccer ball back and forth for hours. Just looking at this picture can take me back to that time so easily and quickly so I'll cherish this picture.

Another picture that was fun to see was this one- it was taken on my first birthday and while it doesn't look exactly like Malia, I could definitely see similarities when I first looked at it.  It might be the attitude...


No comments:

Post a Comment