Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 13 = Anniversary Day!

Today is Friday the 13th and it's a special 13th- it marks 13 years since Zachary and I started dating!  So we started the day by going to the gym... Here's Malia singing on the way home: 



Liam and Malia have this new habit of eating dinner in the living room on the picnic blanket but now in their chairs using the ottoman as a table- it's super cute- and to be festive, Zachary put a flower and candle on the ottoman.  Really for me to take a picture of it because it didn't last long but it was cute while it lasted.



I had arranged for a babysitter to come watch the kids so Zachary and I could go out to an anniversary dinner but last night as we were reflecting on the meaning of the day- Zachary asked me another tattoo question- "What would you have us get if we got matching tattoos?"  I said a Roman number 13 and he said he was thinking the same thing!  He might have made me a strawberry daiquiri and that may have influenced my willingness but he somehow talked me into getting matching tattoos!  So that's what we did before we went to dinner.  I went first because I knew I'd chicken out if I had to wait too long.  Our appointment was at 6:00 but when we got there they told us it'd be another 30 minutes so then I got nervous.  I was fine until I knew I had to wait and then I got freaked out.  Zachary was thinking it was going to hurt really badly because of the way I acted while I was getting mine- I wanted to tell him it didn't really hurt... but I couldn't.  My legs got numb, my hands... and I started seeing black.  I don't know what it is- it's this way with needles too- it's not the pain.  I don't know what it is but something freaks me out.  So here's Zachary getting his:


 Here's the bandage that makes it look a lot bigger than it is:


And here it is!  It'll look better tomorrow, promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment